I hemmed the lower edge of the calf pieces and gathered the knee of the trousers.
The gathering: I sewed two lines of long stitches and pulled the lower thread.
I sewed between these two lines and then ripped out just the line of gathering stitches that was visible at the right side.
The completed trousers:-)
I serged the neckline lining, ironed it to the wrong side and sewed on the place. I ironed it on the wrong side so that the edges wouldn't mark to the right side.
I had to insert small gores to the armcye. I sewed them to the sleeves first.
Then I sewed the sleeves to the body. Then I sewed the sleeve and side in one step.
I like sewing over the seam allowance when I hem the sleeve - it's locked where it should stay:-)
I folded and hemmed the lower edge and the tunic is here :-)
Saturday, October 15, 2011
I measured the upper and lower circumference of the calf, drew a trapezoid and curved the vertical lines.
I placed a raw piece of fabric on the neckline and sewed along the line. Then I measured four centimeters from the stitches and cut off the excess.