Wednesday 22 January 2014

Belly Dance in Blue&Brown - Bra Flowers

I drew a pattern on the right cup. Then I transferred it to the left one - I chose several points. At each point, I measured its distance from two other points (the center of the bra and the upper edge).
Boring work but efficient.
I spent a long time deciding about what the steams will be from. I didn't want spangles (which are the most comfortable to sew for me)...
I used something most jewelery crafters would probably tear my head off. I bought caps for covering pearls. I just liked that their gold shines like metal, unlike all of the plastic beads painted with some kind of goldish color...
I love gems, I just didn't get the color right. I should rip them off and start again with something blue or green or I don't know. I've chosen fabric colors that are quite difficult to match decorations to, it just drives me mad...