Tuesday 7 December 2021

Paragliding Keychain

We are moving to a new flat and I was looking for something to put on my keys. My boyfriend gave me the red ribbon with an aviatic theme. And... he by the way told me to make him a keychain.

I wanted something really special for us and keep the toppic of my keychain at the same time. So I chose his favourite paragliding sentence. Turn and push. Which means turn the thermal and push the speedbar - the basic concept of flying the fastest and the furthest. I also used a material from an aviatic  face mask that he personaly sewed and had no longer use for.

I ironed a fusible web on and marked the borders. I drew the letters with a special marker that should disappear and started to embroider with my machine. For the letters, I use zig-zag stitch. Not a perfectly dense one, because it gets stuck. I prefer to use a bit sparse stitch and always go the same spot twice. Unfortunately, the letters are too wide and I did not get the "and" between the words turn and push, whatever.
For the tracklog, I was altering freehand stitching with a flat front stitch - I was putting the feed dog up and down between the sections.

I folded the piece, sewed along the edge with a straight stitch, cut it out and used two layers of zig-zag stitch to cover the edges. The marker is still visible, I used an eraser marker and iron to remove it.


I wish he always turns his thermals safely and finds me waiting for him with loving arms open.