Thursday 1 June 2023

Wedding Dress Petticoat

 It seemed like a good idea to make a petticoat so that my wedding dress gets some volume.

I bought 4 meters of tulle and tried to get as much of it as possible. Every layer should be like twice as wide as the previous one.

I sewed the pieces together to get four panels. I gathered each of them, pinned them and sewed together. Pinning the last layer was really annoying. I had to readjust several times to get even result.


When I had this piece, I sewed the center back seam.


I folded the upper piece twice to get a tunnel for rubber band.


Here it is.
And how did this story end? I spend a lot of time at the petticoat. Then I tried it with the dress, then tried again and again.. And had to admit it doesn't work. Light chiffon and satin fabrics showed bulks and the overall shape was not flattering. This is probably a choice for dress from tough material that holds its shape and just needs some support.


So bye bye my dear. Unused.