Friday 22 December 2023

Fox T-Shirt

I found out that knitted fabrics roll as hell after washing, and I didn't want to lose the edge of these beautiful fabrics. So I washed them folded in half, basted edges. This is one of ways to eliminated the rolling.

 

I drew a pattern and decided where will be the cuts for fabric alternation.

I joined the fabrics with serger and hemmed with coverlock (including sleeves).

I attached the seam with a straight stitch. To keep the stitch line flexible, I pulled it during sewing. Iron then helped to get back to shape what was pulled out.

For a neckline, I used 3 cm band cut from the main fabric. I ironed it in half, pinned the middle points and pinned evenly. Serged on, facing the band upwards.


The seam was attached again with a regular sewing machine, pulling along the way. I altered the thread colors to match the fabric.


Finished sleeve.
This is my dream come true. I love the fox painting!