Sunday 21 November 2021

Grey Circassian Coat - Gaziri

 Gaziri are poaches for fake bullets on the chest. My way of sewing is probably wrong here :-D
But I don't have many clues.

First I made a sample. The bullets could be more visible than there, the final height is going to be 9.5 cm. I am also using the original edge of the fabric at the upper side.

I drew 5 cm lanes at the gaziri piece and 2.5 cm lanes on the front panel. I aligned them right side to right side, the gaziri piece facing down and sewed
on 1 cm vertical lines where they matched. Then I sewed the horizontal line of stitches and made the folds at the same time.

As the piece is now wrong side out, the folds must be reversed: what will be finally up must be down.

Then I turned the piece upwards, aligned and sewed on the vertical lines.

 I left out the side seams during machine sewing, they will be finished by hand.

I decided to add a line of stitches 2 mm from the edge. 1 mm is a bad choice for such a thick material, so I had to rip out my first try :-D
I did this because without this line of stitches, the outer bullet sticks out separately from others, this keeps it in place (here you can see only the left side is finished this way).