Wednesday 24 November 2021

Grey Circassian Coat - Lining

I cut out the center front lining: 1 + 3 + 1cm.
From the waist down, 4 cm are just added to the skirt piece, folded back and ironed. So at the waist these two ways meet and form this little seam that I decided to sew in hand for my piece :-)
I have prepared the lining and cut the seam allowances to a centimer just before inserting the lining (so that it does not fray out with manipulation).
I pressed all the seams on both pieces.
The vlieselin bands are ironed to the fastening lining part, front neckline and front shoulder seam allowance.
I pinned the lining to the front edge and neckline.
The lower edge of the lining is aligned to the lenght of the coat, but sewing (I sew on the wool) is finished at half the width of the lower allowance.
I folded the front edge back right sides together and sewed one centimeter long stitch line in the lenght of the coat. I drew a line where the front allowance ends.
I dragged the lining piece to the edge of the woolen piece to start the sewing right at that line. Looks crazy, but works.
The corner bias seam allowances will be cut to one centimeter and the seam will be finished in hand. It should look something like this.