Tuesday 28 February 2023

Minimalistic Leather Wallet

 Minimalistic leather wallet. Well, in my hands, it won't be so minimalistic. But at least thinn.
I took a rectangle of leather, one half slightly bigger than a credit card. 
I dumped it in water and bent in the middle and let dry.
I made the edgees smooth and the edge grooves (pressed in with a needle on wet leather). I cut the corners with a scalpel.
I made holes with fork and hammer. Then I carved the design with a swivel knife.
I tried to learn how to use stamps here.
I dyed the edges and background with wood dyes.
Here is a detail from shaping the insides. I used a ballpoint pen to get the curve. I had to make it bigger so that the wallet wouldn't open when full of cards.
I had to use fabric to hold my banknotes and any returned coins. Well, not so minimalistic, but practical at least.
I applied balm and antique so that the design outlines stand out. Balm however did not prevent the undyed leater to get greyish from the antique. When I have Resolene, I will make more experiments with it.
Finished wallet.
I planned to have it just for fun, maybe to go to the pub, but it sneaked out to be my main and only wallet somehow :-D