Saturday, 28 April 2007


Most of the costume is finished so I have some time left. I'm scared of stitching the sleeves so I set up an embroidery - I wanted to try this stitch. The snail is on a T-shirt and if I'm boring in the future, he'll have some friends.

Friday, 27 April 2007

Crime :-)

I already have the lower part of the costume. I sewed the rectangles together in a mi-parti style: different colour on the other side. So these are the four parts of the 'skirt'.

This is ok. But today I commited a dressmaker crime! I wanted to stitch these parts to the shirt but I didn't fancy tucking the thick fabric by the hole on the right from the needle. So I used a magic tape and sewed backwards.. I promis I'll never do that anymore :-) It was just a trial but it's not a better way...

Thursday, 26 April 2007


I inherited a nice little upholstering needle after my great grand-mother, who was a dressmaker.

When I was stitching the cord I made the sharp ends first with my fingers.

The uphostery needle seemed to me as the only way to make the cord go through the fabric. Certainly I couldn't have done a knit at the end of the string, I use a thread.

This is how I stitch it - simple, easy, it's the nicest thing to do about these lillies for me :-) Just stitch through the string in the middle (between the two cords) and then to the same place.

The finishing was cruel. I'm not very handy and I wanted the end not to be visible. I've untwisted the cord and worked with each of the pieces separately.

So - this is it.

Saturday, 21 April 2007

Edge: Concept

I decided for a twisted cord. I borrowed the concept lilly from my boyfriend and tried how it'll look. It's not so bad :-)

Tuesday, 17 April 2007

Sock Poi

I decided to make sock poi for one of my pupils who is afraid of the tennis balls. It's part of the training for fireshow and this type of poi makes it easier to learn.

I drew the lines just like that on the fabric. Had to cut four, two for each poi. I calculated that it would take no more than one hour.

I inserted a green lace to the seams and decorated it a bit with machine stitches. I must admit a little miscalculation. In the end it took about three hours :-) Maybe more.. End are folded and sewn to make a hole for the loops and the planned filling is sand.

Monday, 16 April 2007

Three Lillies Completed - Almost

I managed to make all three lillies. It's a relief when my friend told me that I won't have to do them once again to the other part of the costume. I just want to decorate the edges. We'll see how it'll look.

Sunday, 15 April 2007


I made up a technique for my slipping paper patterns! If you press a bit on the paper leaf, it always moves about a milimeter aside. It's difficult to hold the original shape.

I found a piece of polystyren that I had for lacemaking and pinned the pattern on the velvet. Drawing is not a time of horror anymore :-) I like it.

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Five Strand Braiding

This is my second time of the five strand braid - today there'll be two. I coped with it better than before. And of course - no rubber band, just a lace :-)

The most important thing after the knowledge of 5-strands is to separate the laces from the strands carefully. The first you separate them, next you lay the strand and in the end you put the lace on it. Uf, this took a pretty among of time :-)

Sunday, 1 April 2007