Sunday, 16 October 2011

Woolen Trousers and Tunic - Finished

I hemmed the lower edge of the calf pieces and gathered the knee of the trousers.

The gathering: I sewed two lines of long stitches and pulled the lower thread.

I sewed between these two lines and then ripped out just the line of gathering stitches that was visible at the right side.

The completed trousers:-)

I serged the neckline lining, ironed it to the wrong side and sewed on the place. I ironed it on the wrong side so that the edges wouldn't mark to the right side.

I had to insert small gores to the armcye. I sewed them to the sleeves first.

Then I sewed the sleeves to the body. Then I sewed the sleeve and side in one step.

I like sewing over the seam allowance when I hem the sleeve - it's locked where it should stay:-)

I folded and hemmed the lower edge and the tunic is here :-)

Saturday, 15 October 2011

Woolen Trousers and Tunic

This is a quick business - I must make the costume (trousers and tunic) during this weekend.  
I cut out two very wide legs and sewed the thigh parts. I sewed the center seam and made a tunnel for the fastening cord. I left out a hole in the center seam for the cord.  
I measured the upper and lower circumference of the calf, drew a trapezoid and curved the vertical lines.
I sewed the vertical seams. Now I had the thigh and calf parts prepared.
I drew the basic pattern for the tunic. It depends on the breast, butt and length measures. 
I placed a raw piece of fabric on the neckline and sewed along the line. Then I measured four centimeters from the stitches and cut off the excess. 
I sewed the sleeve to the armcye before sewing the side seams.