Thursday 28 September 2017

Weapon Wall Display

 I've got a new bow and I couldn't wait to give it a worthy place to stay at. Even though it is a recurve bow, it's still quite long, so I couldn't find a board long enough in the shop. I bought three pine planks and glued them together with pegs. Having only meter long clamps for a meter and half long board I had to manage somehow, and I'm proud of my solution :-D
I traced the edges - all curves come from some part of my beautiful bow. The edges are decorated simply with use of U-shaped chisel. I wanted to gouge the board through the whole width, but I ended making only small eyes, because I found out it is very difficult to do this at the vertical sides due to the direction of grain. All the cuts and the decoration are sanded.
One layer of transparent paint, sand, second layer of paint.
Mounting this wall hanging with six screws all by myself was a chalenge and I'm aware not all the screws are in wall plugs. But victory is mine anyway :-)
I like my sewing workroom even more now. All things that I love at one place!