Saturday 27 May 2023

Wedding Invitations and Wine Labels

 I was trying to make a desing for our wedding invitations. I liked simple flower designs most from what I found as inspiration, so I tried to do something in that style.

I drew a heart of leafs with black ink and scanned the image to get a basic design. It was really really big, like half the A4 and was shrinked in PC to a small image.
I used several fonts, all calligraphic, to get closer to hand written invitations. The back of the invitation is a flight ticket as both of us are pilots.
There are three types of paper glued together and we used a transparent paper to wrap it. It gives the whole thing some lightness. Every invitation is finished with a flower and hot melt glue seal.
I also printed wine labels to match the invitation design. Every guest family would get an excellent Moravia wine.