Friday 10 November 2023

Boxer Shorts

 I bought a bunch of rubber bands with funny writings on them.

I cut the right width and sewed each rubber band to a circle. I tried to flatten the seam as much as possible with two lines of stitches and an extra zig-zag line.

Now to the boxer shorts themselves. The front piece has a slit in the middle. Sewing it together is the first step.

The rest is in one piece. So I sewed one side of the center front piece with the rest at a side seam.

Then I wrapped the big piece so that it would fit inside the smaller...

...so that I could sew them together right sides in.

One short seam at the bottom.

And I hemmed the legs on coverlock machine.

Rubber band is sewed on in an unusual way - wrong sides in!!! Then it's turned over and added one more line of stitches at the rubber band side. The seam is neat from both sides this way. However, this way you mustn't forget to stretch the band while sewing as much as possible. If not, the threads can bread during taking the garment on.


Seven pieces as a weekly set, as a gift for my beloved husband. I can't wait till his birthday already! :-D