Wednesday 1 May 2024

Speaker Covers

I little complicated cover for our country band's speakers. There must be a hole for handling the speaker.
 The design took me a lot of time! I added a centimeter to each dimension for the cover to be taken on and off easily.
I won a yoga mat last year at a running competition. Now I cut it to pieces to protect the speaker face. I cut the panel and made an inner pocket from lining fabric. The main fabric is the one used for strollers, with a rubber film on the wrong side.
The mat is 7 mm thick, so I made the pocket this bigger, on the lower edge, I made a small fold at the corner as well.
The finised pocket. The lower edge is attached with the hemming, the upper edge is half a cm away from the seam.
At the handle, where one seam would contain inner seam and hem, I folded the seam allowance inside and sewed over it.
At the corners, I cut the seam allowance to half its width. This was I was able to turn quite easily at he corners and it's still quite safe. I zigzagged each inner seam and double folded each hem.
Two pieces finished.