Sunday 4 October 2009

Lady's Crown

Performance next week. Nothing to wear on your head? Make you something.
So I made a similar pattern like the toque I've made some time ago. This time it will just be more open then the last time.
I always tell myself: you must take a different colour of chalk when you redraw a pattern. I always tell this after I cut something wrong:-) Yes, I made the pattern with a mistake first time, redrew and cut along the original wrong lines. No matter, I cut it again according to this piece.

The dress this is made for is from a knitwear similar to velvet. That's why I could 'cheat' a little - I didn't sew the cover as the pattern, but I made a narrow tunnel instead. It adapts.

I decorated it with golden beads and white pearls of different sizes. As usually, to get regular distances, the wreath was divided in two halves, then quarters and so on. I marked those with pins before I started.

The finishing touch - a lace. Fortunately I found the same in a shop as it was on the dress. Unfortunately, I couldn't sew it on by machine because of the pearls - I lack a precious zipper foot. But what wouldn't I do for a nice result ;-)