Friday 24 June 2016

Cat bags

Hi, I've been totally in love with this stretching cat bag for some time and now I finally had time to make one for myself :-)
No mention about bag sewing, just the applique: I drew a cat on a piece of fabric. I lowered the feed dogs and put my quilting foot on. I sewed three times the same path - just a bit inside the shape. Then I cut out the black fabric along the drawn line and frayed the edges. There were some longer threads - I decided to keep them, I just shortened them, so that the cat would look a little bristled.
So these are two sides of my new cat bag.
A friend of mine saw it and wanted to buy one for her mother's birthday, so I drew another two cats and made a smaller bag. I tried to place the tail more in A shape but finally I prefer the first version.
And as I knew the lady loves cats too, I put a short message in the inner pocket. In English, it might sound like "Made with love for cats" :-)