Wednesday 8 June 2016

Cow Handbag

Once I made a baloon skirt for my friend from a cow printed fabric, now I'll make her a bag from the leftover fabric. I wanted to try to make this one. I like pattern manipulation and this could be fun :)
So I made a pattern (I will not share it here, it would be unfair to the designer...), I cut out all lining and outer pieces. I quilted the LINING. It may sound strange, but I wanted the bag to be sturdy and the outer pleats would look too heavy if I quilted the outside.
I sewed the lining and outer parts. I sewed together the seam allowances of the bottoms. I ironed the upper edges, inserted the handle and sewed through the upper edge.
One little bow and here it is. Not very spacious inside, probably because of the thick lining, but there's still enough space for some women's necessities.
I didn't make a zipper there, I just sewed on two pieces of satin strip, so she cat tie a bow inside if necessary.