Wednesday 22 March 2017

I got down to make some wardrobes for our new bathroom.
The center part of the sink table will be open and will be an alternative to having shelves on the walls.
The boards are connected with pegs.
All holes are filled with glue before peg insertion.
Some glue is added to the sides as well
It will be sturdy as hell
This is all I can tell
Any time I can I choose torx screws.
The rear side is made with screws, pegs are used only for visible places. Screws and glue, of course.
The space for the wardrobes is getting prepared.
The bigger wardrobes are the quickest. Just a big coffin, no pegs needed...
It's so robust, I could dance on the top :-D I love it.
This is when you use proper material for the back, not like the paper wardrobes from Möbelix, that move with every opening of the doors...
And a lot of shelves.
I made more hole than I need, so I can choose later on if I had to store tall stuff.
So this is the plan. One wardrobe for bathroom, one for the toilet.
Placing the heavy pieces inside the small space hell.
The room under the wardrobe is filled with expendable foam.
One side of the sink table will have a hole for washing machine hoses. I made two circular holes with drill hole cutter and joined them with a jigsaw.
I love to work with wood. The smell of it when you cut it, oh...
The surface is treated with linseed oil and yacht varnish.