Tuesday 1 August 2023

Paraglide Sack

 I needed some package for my paraglider. By chance, I had an old army parachute, so I used it as a suitable material for this.

It was a circular one, so I had to find the biggest patches to cut from. As the material is very thin and rips off easily, I used french seams. That's why I'm sewing wrong sides in here at the lower corners.

I wanted the self tightening fastening, so I made a tunnel with a hole at each side.

Threading a string from each side there and back.


I added two carabinas and made knots at the ends. The strings can be used as shoulder straps and the knots offer two choices of shoulder strap side, if used with a thick jacket for example.


My small training paraglider now has its own sack and can be stored / transported easily with the least room used.