Thursday 14 February 2008

Valentine

It took me a bit of time to think out something as a Valentine present. And let's take a look what came out of it.
Easy pattern, two circles of about 40 cm and a long strip of fabric. Sewn together with a hole left on a side.

A lid, smaller circle and a chunk of soft fabric. The circle has been basted as marked and the rest put inside.

This way I got two buttons. I fastened the thread, tucked the leftovers inside and fastened againg. The thread didn't come out from the center, I took one end and drew it symetrically to the other side.

The buttons have been sewn to the pillow and the threads inside tied together. I put old fabric trimmings inside and sewn the side in hand with an invisible stitching.

The buttons were too thick and quite uncomfortable, anyway, this is a Valentine thing, so I took a red velvet ...

There are two red pieces and two yellow as a stuffing. Machine zigg-zagg embroidery. Then the heart was cut and bordered with a satin stitch (which in fact is just very neat zigg-zagg). The heart's basted to the upper button so it can be easily removed;-)

Happy Valentine's Day to you folks! :-D