Thursday, 21 August 2008

Gardecorps' Body

I cut the velvet according to the patterns. Serging everything. I got two pieces in light brown and two in dark brown. First I sewed together the pieces of the same colour.

Then I sewed these together along the lower edge, right sides in. This wasn't easy, as allways *grrr. I made a slit in the front. It's in the shape of roof at the top -> three little cuts at the sharp angles.

This is the state before turning over. When having turned the cloak, I sewed the rest - the shoulders of the same colours. I left the pins inside when sewing to get more precise results.

No comments: