Thursday, 12 May 2011

Lilly Surcoat - Lillies

The longest part in this costume's creation - the decoration.
I ironed the fusible interfacing to the black velvet. I ironed it over baking paper, cause it had the glue on both sides. The paper must be peeled off very carefully - not upwards, for the interfacing to stay in place.

I drew the flowers on - one big and a lot of small ones.

This little army is waiting for me to sew them on:-D
Most of them are meant for the skirt, according to the future owner's design.

I marked all of the positions of the lillies.
Before sewing, I ironed each lilly on the place. I didn't iron more of them because the glue doesn't stick well on the hairs - it could be debased when I move the whole skirt through the little throat of my machine..

I drew the inner shapes on each lilly just before sewing as well - the chalk disappears from the velvet as fast as hell:-)

The applications are sewed on using a dense zig-zag stitch.

No comments: