Thursday, 15 May 2008

Griffin Cap Done

I finally made the draft. The threads are laid too densely. I see that there's a lot to learn about this kind of embroidery to master it:)

This part's what I call combing:-) At the beginning you have a chaotic mass of threads, at the end they are laid nice in rows. The technique is well explained by Racaire (refilsaum). I made the tiny stitches after every second thread. In my opinion it would have been better to change direction of the threads at legs. Next time..

Combing is fun. You just have to get through all other work to get to it :-/

7 comments:

Constance said...

i can see we have both done something very similar with our "bayeux" work. It looks very good :-)

I have added your blog to my links page if that is ok.

I was in Czech late last year, it was very beautiful. We even saw a small medieval display quite by accident (didn't understand a word mind you...)

nice work

Žabacorporation said...

Wow, it's quite far to get to the Czech Republic from Australia, isn't it:-)
I'm honoured you added me to your blog.

Elsi said...

I think it looks very nice :)
I did a stag in Refilsaum as you probably saw on my blog ;)
Where did you embroider it on? Or what will you use it for?

love,
Elsi :)

Elsi said...

Sorry, I just read the title *blush* ;)

love,
Elsi :)

Žabacorporation said...

Yes, this was just a practice on my baseball cap. Btw. where did you find the pattern for your stab (if it's not drawn by you - I don't understand German:) )?

Constance said...

It is quite a way to get to your country :-) But it was an awesome trip. I love all the history you have even in a shopping mall, it's all hundreds of year old. the oldest building i have seen today may have been 90 years old... probably 50 years old. sigh.... i love Europe.

Constance :-)

Elsi said...

Hi,

the motiv for my stag was taken from a picture that I found on the internet.
When you type in "celtic" and "stag" it is the first picture you find. And you can also find it in a lot of different variations.
I would love to be able to draw stuff like this on my own, but drawing is really not for me ;)

love,
Elsi :)