Monday, 30 June 2008

Beret Brim

Today I eventually started working on the beret.
I put two circles of velvet, right sides together, and a supportive piece above bore the pattern.

Although I pinned them and even basted the pieces moved a little, as you can see. I know already what the hell for seamstresses looks like. They sit at machines with fabric slipping, they're trying to repair the stuff and it's worse and worse all the time :-D

Cut in the center and turned over. This will be a brim.

I had to toughten the edge so that it remained flat. It's my favourite stitch I call rice stitch:-) Ironed. I got something like a pancake.

Enough for today..

No comments: