Thursday, 17 July 2008

Beret Finishing

I took the band I'd made and had to do something with the ends for them not to unweave. I brought a needle like this so that the cords kept their position.

Then I laid one half of the thread down the band and twisted the other one around it all until it was fully covered. Then I made a knot. Nice:)

I attached the ends with some four or so black stitches. I also joined some of the big beads to the fabric with single stitches.

I liked the gold twisting and did the same with my feathers. I also sewed it to the beret and covered with a tissue so that the feathers couldn't interfere with my broidery.

I planned to add a gem bordered with sisha. It's funny that I had to see my own post to remember how to work it:-)
You can notice that I first marked the points where needle should pass because placing the gem on such a scraggy surface wasn't comfortable at all, so I did some of the stitches and then inserted it inside.

There's the result. Not the best one, but I gained some experience again:)

And I can't resist adding a photo of my model as a super-cool wild rapper in a beret :-P

2 comments:

Elsi said...

Hi,

it turned out absolutely gorgeous!
Really nice!
I think you don't have to worry about it.

lots of love,
Elsi :)

Žabacorporation said...

Thanks. Sometimes photos look better than reality:-)