Sunday 27 July 2008

Flame Sock Poi

This time I made a pouch first. When I think out a symbol according to the colour of the pouch I put it there, but recently I'm out of ideas. The sun's always OK :-)

This is poi for a friend of mine. She helped me find a new type, I'm happy as I'm getting bored making the same type of poi several times..
I tried something. I've wondered alredy whether it would be possible to sew from the threads of the fabric you're sewing. This was the perfect occasion as I wanted the "ironing" stitches not to be visible. After several examinations I found the only possible way - I put the thread as the lower one and a normal thread as the upper one. I sewed at the wrong side with the highest possible tension of the upper thread. Worked ;-)

Here they are my sugars. I'm really glad about the idea I and friend discovered. The fire imitation's perfect and I love bright colours at poi! (better don't listen to this narcissistic flow)