Saturday, 12 March 2011

Pirate - Shirt Beginning

My new task - Jack Sparrow's garments:-)
Not exactly this one (the waistcoat will be cut differently), but mostly yes.

I prepared the shirt for the fitting - I assabled only the right sleeve as you can see:-)
After the fitting, the pattern is something like this. I had to add the armpit gores for comfortable wearing.

I started with the neckline slit. I sewed two strips on along the cut.

I made the cut a little longer and made two cuts to the last stitches os the seams. I folded the strips around the edges, tucked the little triangles under and sewed them on the place.

I folded the rest of the strips around, basted and attached them by hand.

I ripped the basting out and ironed.

No comments: