Thursday, 24 March 2011

Pirate - Waistcoat Progress

The fitting was OK, I just trimmed the armholes.
I sewed the basted shoulder tucks (from the edge to the tip) and pressed them to the center of the back panel.

I sewed the front and back pieces together in the shoulder and side seams.
I serged the seam allowances and ironed them.

I made the armhole lining. I traced the armhole edge on the fabric, folded the piece in shoulder and side seam and traced these too.

I made the neckline linings in similar way and added all seam allowances.

I ironed vlieselin strips on for the edges not to stretch out and become wavy.
I sewed the lining pieces together and serged the inner edges.
I pinned them right side to right side to the right places and sewed on at five milimeters.

2 comments:

baynu luna said...

i love everything you do! i often feature your site on my facebook page. LOVE!!!!

Žabacorporation said...

Thanks
I'm pleased you like my blog:)