Tuesday 1 April 2008

UFO Queen

If I go on like this I'll soon become a queen of UFO - UnFinished Objects.
Today I have a project that should end up in a present for a friend of mine. I love it and I hope she'll do as well.
It's T-shirt. About her.

I tried to use a toughtening fabric (web) under my embroidery for the first time. I don't have any experience with it and maybe it shouldn't be used like that.. Smeg knows..
I basted the supportive fabric onto the T-shirt. I put a magazine in order to make stitching more comfortable (I don't have to care if I sewed the front and back side together;-P ).

This is the basic drawing.
And below there's what it turned into. Something more than three seminars and this is done.
Just a backstitch. What I particularly like about the stitch is that you don't have to deal with any special behaviour at the corners and it's symetrical. I wanted to use a special stitch that reminds of chain for the chain part but I decided not to spoil the style instead and finish as beginned.

Her birthday is 7th April. I was afraid I wouldn't catch it, but now I'm not anymore.