Thursday, 15 July 2010

Cranach Dress - Skirt's Getting Together

I'm getting the skirt together today.
The velvet's tricky and the brocade bands must fit perfectly to look like three continuous rings.
I pinned each two panels at the top, bottom and at the bands.
I added more pins and basted the seam.
When you lay two layers of velvet right sides in and press with a finger, you can see a layer moved in one direction. When basting, I just moved it two milimeters in the opposite direction.

This way I got quite a satisfactory result. I started to join each two panels together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really hoping we see the dress when complete!

Žabacorporation said...

Thanks for the reminder, I've been missing my blog out recently, but I've made some progress since the last post and I'll hopefully be able to document it soon:-)